Students may submit official graduate-level transcripts for consideration of potential transfer credits with these conditions:
- Graduate credits must be granted from a regionally accredited institution.
- The final grade posted for each potential transfer course is a B grade (or higher).
- The course work does not duplicate, overlap, or regress previous work which fulfilled an awarded degree.
- A maximum of 9 units may be transferred in from outside institutions.*
- Credits awarded more than ten years before the application for admission will not be accepted.
- Previous GPA does not transfer.
- The “Transfer Credit Practices” report published by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) will be the reference used for the evaluation of such credits.
- In alignment with American Council on Education (ACE) transfer credit guidelines, CLU supports the application of transfer and military credit for military and veteran students.
- Credit from non-regionally accredited institutions may be considered for credit by petitioning for recognition of that credit.
- Additional exceptions of transfer credit may be considered with the approval of the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
Students who have earned a master’s degree at CLU and wish to pursue a second degree may be considered for transfer credit and waivers for courses required in both programs. Students must complete the Capstone Action Project for each program of study they pursue so the CAP is not eligible for transfer credit between programs.
* For transfer policy regarding the MA in Organizational Leadership Professional Studies concentration, see the program page.