Online Master's Degree Social Impact
Make a Difference with Social Entrepreneurship
The M.A. in Social Impact teaches you to envision and implement programs that generate positive and sustainable impact within your community—and beyond. If you are an emerging leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, the M.A. in Social Impact can help you develop the social justice, social entrepreneurship, and human rights perspectives you need to be the catalyst for new social endeavors in your community.
This online master's degree in Social Impact aligns with the mission of Claremont Lincoln University to educate leaders capable of reaching across differences to create a more just and sustainable world. In this program you will learn:
- Social Impact Literacy: Synthesize the history, heritage, and context of social change and innovation for application to current world problems.
- Interpersonal Communication: Develop and demonstrate the interpersonal and engagement skills necessary for effective leaders in a global community or organization.
- Social Leadership: Function as mindful humanistic change agents and empathetic leaders skilled and knowledgeable about how to catalyze and sustain changes in social systems.
- Resource Models: Develop resourcing strategies built on current market principles and procedures.
- Social Evaluation: Develop and employ evaluation and learning approaches to gain visibility on and adapt efforts for systems change and social innovation.
- Action Research: Research, analyze, and determine appropriate methods and contemporary strategies for designing and implementing initiatives that generate positive social impact.
The curriculum for the M.A. in Social Impact is designed to teach you the skills and prospectives to be a thoughtful leader in social endeavors. You will learn the historical context of social impact and how to develop resource models for implementing social programs.
Social Impact courses are taken along The Claremont Core®. These courses teach the skills to engage in dialogue and inclusive collaboration with diverse communities to bring about positive and sustainable social change.
Social Impact Courses
The Claremont Core
Capstone Action Project
Claremont Core Curriculum
Engagement Skills for Creating a Sustainable Impact
In an increasingly interconnected world, leaders who want to make positive, sustainable change need to develop the critical perspectives and collaborative skills necessary to reach across traditional barriers of ideology, culture, and faith. At CLU, we put development of these capabilities at the center of our degree programs. The result is the Claremont Core®, a sequence of four innovative courses. Progress through the Core takes you through a process of self-awareness and steadily evolves towards engagement with others and society at large.
As a graduate of the Master of Arts in Social Impact, you’ll be prepared to drive progress towards a more compassionate and ethical society. The skills and competencies this degree offers you can apply to careers in:
- Social service agencies
- Non-government organizations (NGO)
- Faith-based organizations
- Civic organizations
- Social enterprises
- Cultural organizations