Online Master's Degree Organizational Leadership – Human Resources
Create Successful Leadership in HR Management
The M.A. in Organizational Leadership with a Human Resources concentration is designed to enhance the HR management and general leadership skills of human resource professionals. The purpose of this online master's degree program is to equip students to become strategic partners in both for-profit and non-profit settings through the development of interpersonal competencies, critical thinking, and ethical reasoning as well as through the evaluation and analysis of the complex laws, policies, and organizational practices which govern and influence successful leadership in HR management.
This online master's degree organizational leadership / human resources program uses a holistic approach, considering multiple disciplinary perspectives as well as analyzing past and present critical issues alongside future possibilities for human resources in business settings. Through peer-to-peer exchanges in the online courses, active participation in online discussion forums, HR case studies, and critical dialogue and debate with instructors, students are prepared to create sustainable and positive change as human resource professionals.
The M.A. in Organizational Leadership with a concentration in Human Resources aligns with the mission of Claremont Lincoln University to produce leaders capable of respecting differences and collaborating with those of different viewpoints to resolve problems:
- Mindfulness: Apply awareness of self and the multi-faceted perspectives of others to lead in local and global contexts to reach common goals.
- Conflict Resolution: Assess the cause of conflict in organizational settings and apply strategies to resolve and leverage conflict in diverse environments.
- Ethics: Lead ethically and responsibly in positions of power in a workplace, community, or organization.
- Professional Development: Analyze models for training and develop leaders throughout the organization and apply strategic plans for career development and training inside an organization.
- Strategic Communication: Demonstrate the interpersonal and engagement skills necessary for effective leaders to achieve innovative and collaborative resolution to community and organization issues.
- Global Management: Assess and apply strategies for successful management of a global and diverse workforce with shifting demographics and expectations.
- Strategic Leadership: Articulate and apply the major theories and principles of leadership, conduct analysis and recommend appropriate change strategies.
- HR Leadership: Analyze the strategic role of Human Resource Management as a business function in an organization.
- Action Research: Research, design, develop, and implement a capstone project plan to affect positive change in an organization.
The curriculum for the M.A. in Organizational Leadership with a Human Resources concentration begins with a an understanding how HR works as a strategic resource, then moves on to help students develop and apply ethics and leadership skills in the modern workplace. It continues with analyzing and preparing for the future in a globally-connected and diverse world. Read special guest article: "Why I Chose CLU’s Master’s in Organizational Leadership Over an MBA."
The Human Resource concentration is taken along with courses from The Claremont Core®. These courses teach the engagement skills necessary to implement the theories and ideas from the Human Resource courses. You’ll also have the opportunity to interact with and learn from students in other programs.
Human Resources Courses
The Claremont Core
Capstone Action Project
Claremont Core Curriculum
Engagement Skills for Creating a Sustainable Impact
In an increasingly interconnected world, leaders who want to make positive, sustainable change need to develop the critical perspectives and collaborative skills necessary to reach across traditional barriers of ideology, culture, and faith. At CLU, we put development of these capabilities at the center of our degree programs. The result is the Claremont Core®, a sequence of four innovative courses. Progress through the Core takes you through a process of self-awareness and steadily evolves towards engagement with others and society at large.
Students that are ideal for the M.A. in Organizational Leadership with a Human Resources concentration include the following career interests:
- HR Generalist
- Training and Development managers
- Those who wish to serve as ethics/legal advisors to top managers
- HR management within an organization or HR outsourcing services, and management consulting services
- Leadership development specialists