Online Master's Degree Interfaith Action
Addressing Social Issues Through Interfaith Engagement
Interfaith Action is an emerging specialty that demands critical skills and perspectives from beyond the religious and/or theological disciplines in order to be effective in post-secular contexts. These contexts point to the increasing presence of religion-based conflict and tension between sacred and secular opinion-formers in the public sphere.
The Master of Arts in Interfaith Action program can help you develop the social, religious and political perspectives, collaborative engagement, and self-reflection skills you need to become an interfaith ambassador.
This online master's degree in Interfaith Action aligns with the mission of Claremont Lincoln University to educate leaders capable of reaching across differences to create a more just and sustainable world. In this program you will learn:
- Power & Privilege: Explore and interpret religion in relation to structures of power and privilege and in the context of cultural, political, and economic histories.
- Religious Literacy: Demonstrate an integrated knowledge of research and construct an evolving literacy of major religious traditions and cultural identities.
- Conflict Resolution: Appraise the function of religio-cultural identities and apply strategies to resolve moral-based conflicts in a way that is non-defensive, confident, and respectful.
- Action Research: Research, collaborate, design, and implement high-impact strategies in a leadership action plan for social change.
- Post-Secular Understanding: Analyze and interrogate normative and popular categories of religion while developing a post-secular awareness to interpret the evolving role of religious and secular traditions in the public sphere.
- Interpersonal Communication: Develop and demonstrate the interpersonal and engagement skills necessary for effective leaders in a global community or organization.
Interfaith Action Courses
The Claremont Core
Capstone Action Project
Claremont Core Curriculum
Engagement Skills for Creating a Sustainable Impact
In an increasingly interconnected world, leaders who want to make positive, sustainable change need to develop the critical perspectives and collaborative skills necessary to reach across traditional barriers of ideology, culture, and faith. At CLU, we put development of these capabilities at the center of our degree programs. The result is the Claremont Core®, a sequence of four innovative courses. Progress through the Core takes you through a process of self-awareness and steadily evolves towards engagement with others and society at large.
As a graduate of the Master of Arts in Interfaith Action, you’ll be prepared to approach your vocation from a new perspective. The skills & competencies this degree offers you can apply to careers in:
- Missionary organizations
- Social service agencies
- Non-government organizations
- Faith-based organizations