Inspire Positive Change Through Values-Based Leadership
The M.A. in Ethical Leadership teaches working professionals how to guide organizations towards purposeful and responsible decisions in a diverse, globalized world. You will be led through a unique series of online courses that integrates personal mindfulness, professional awareness, and global consciousness for skillful leadership in any organizational context.
By the end of the program, you will develop concrete skills in collaboration, conflict resolution, ethical decision-making, and inspiring diverse teams towards common goals. As a graduate of this program, you will have the knowledge and skills to lead more effectively and courageously influence your organization in making ethical decisions that have a positive impact.
The M.A. in Ethical Leadership aligns with the mission of Claremont Lincoln University to produce leaders capable of reaching across differences to create a more just and sustainable world. In this program you will learn:
- Mindfulness: Apply awareness of self and the multi-faceted perspectives of others locally and globally.
- Ethics: Articulate the major theories in ethics, conduct analysis, and recommend ethical action.
- Leadership: Articulate the major theories and principles of leadership, conduct analysis, and recommend behavioral change strategies.
- Conflict Resolution: Assess the cause of conflict in organizational settings and apply strategies to manage conflict in diverse environments.
- Change Management: Research, design, develop, and implement a project plan to affect change in an organization.
- Communication: Demonstrate the interpersonal and engagement skills necessary for effective leaders in a global community or organization.
Careers Applicable to an M.A. in Ethical Leadership
As a graduate of the Master of Arts in Ethical Leadership, you’ll be equipped to enhance your leadership performance and extend your influence in your current vocational field. This degree can apply to a broad range of occupational fields, including:
- Social enterprises
- Government agencies
- Non-government organizations
- Faith-based organizations
- International business and manufacturing
- International finance organizations
What Makes CLU Different?
Mindfulness – Dialogue – Collaboration – Change
Our new global era demands a unique set of skills and critical perspectives to be an effective change-maker in the world. The Claremont Core® is a sequence of courses in which you develop your capacities for awareness and compassion, engage in dialogue and collaboration across differences, and craft effective strategies for organizational and community transformation.
Your educational experience at Claremont Lincoln University culminates in the Capstone Action Project. This self-directed project draws on your entire educational experience and allows you to demonstrate your mastery of the skills, concepts, and capabilities taught throughout your program.
When done right, online education can be an effective way for students to learn from each other and directly apply course materials to their current work. The M.A. in Ethical Leadership curriculum was specifically designed to be online in order to maximize student collaboration and accommodate the schedule of working professionals.
Twice a year students have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with fellow students, faculty and community leaders for a weekend of keynote speakers, workshops and networking. It’s a great time to meet those you’ve been interacting with online and collaborate in the same space to address a current issue.