Every learning environment expects certain aptitudes, whether these include managing deadlines, using research resources, or negotiating transportation. Online learning expects students are comfortable with computer technology. You do not have to be a computer “geek” to succeed in online learning, but you do need to have appropriate hardware and software, as well as knowledge about standard conventions associated with modern computer use.
The following technology is required to effectively participate in the online classroom environment at CLU:
- Computer with Word Processing software
- Students without Word Processing software will have free access to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Broadband or high speed WiFi internet access
- Computer speakers or headphones
- Webcam or video recording device, such as a smartphone, to record and upload video responses (optional, but recommended)